In 1818, Middleton and Blairsville coincided in perfect harmony. Patience Merriwick of Middleton was set to marry Roderick Davenport of Blairsville. Upon their exchanging of vows, the most prominent family in each town would be forever joined. Patience's heart belonged to someone else, William Spry. On October 31, 1818, their secret was discovered by Roderick's family. That night, at Grey House, William was conscripted into the war. His hasty departure was cleverly orchestrated by the Davenport family. Patience's father confined her to Grey House until her wedding to Roderick. The wedding never happened, as Patience disappeared from Middleton on October 31, 1819, the day before their wedding. The Davenport's never got over the slight, thus, starting an age-old feud between Blairsville, Middleton, the Davenport family, and the Merriwick family.
- Roderick Davenport: In 1818, Roderick of Blairsville was set to marry Patience Merriwick of Middleton. Upon their exchanging of vows, the most prominent family in each town would be forever joined. Patience's heart belonged to someone else, William Spry. Their secret was discovered by Roderick's family. That night, at Grey House, William was conscripted into the war. His hasty departure was cleverly orchestrated by the Davenport family. The family never got over the slight. Roderick also had a private library and stamped the family crest into each book he kept there.
- Daniel Davenport: Roderick's brother.
- Priscilla Connelly: Wife of Daniel, Priscilla helped her brother-in-law, Roderick, cast the Davenport-Merriwick Curse.
- Nathaniel Davenport: Nathaniel was engaged to Violet Merriwick, despite rumors of a curse keeping the families apart. One night, while dancing, they accidentally knocked over an oil lamp. The lamp burned down Davenport Hall. Their relationship burned with the house.
- Davis Davenport: Davis the powerful and wealthy patriarch of the Davenport family. He is the CEO of Davenport Enterprises and works hard to secure his family's name and reputation in Blairsville and beyond. He is the husband of Dotty and the father of Daniel and Donovan, though their relationship is strained due to their differing views of the world.
- Dotty Davenport: Dotty is the protective and slightly overbearing mother of Donovan and Daniel, and the elite wife of a business tycoon, Davis.
- Daniel Davenport: The first born son of Dotty and Davis, he is heir to Davenport Enterprises. He is a campaign manager that previously resided in Washington DC, before he was fired and forced to retreat home to Blairsville. He later took a job with a mayoral campaign out of state.
- Donovan Davenport: Donovan is the wealthy heir of Davenport Enterprises, and the second-born son of Dotty and Davis Davenport. He is a prominent and well-respected figure in Blairsville. He is the current Mayor. His relationship with Abigail Pershing put him in a tricky situation due to the ancient curse trying to keep them apart.
- Luke Williams: Luke's relation to the Davenport family is unclear. He is the nephew of Dotty Davenport and the cousin of Donovan. He interned for Mayor Abigail Pershing where he met Grace Russell, and they eventually had a romantic relationship. Their relationship was halted when he revealed that he only became friends with her per his Aunt Dotty's request. He was adamant, however, that his deal with Dotty was not why he asked her out. They eventually rekindled their relationship. Luke graduated from Middleton High and has since gone away to college.
- Davenport Enterprises - Davenport Enterprises is the family company that is currently being run by Davis Davenport. It is a prominent and ever-growing business, that tried to expand into Middleton but failed. They have since ventured out of Blairsville.
- Davenport Hall - The home has been in the family since the 18-1900's when Nathaniel Davenport owned it. Nathaniel was engaged to Violet Merriwick. One evening, while dancing in the living room of the house, they accidentally knocked over an oil lamp, causing a fire and ending their relationship. It is the current home of Dotty and Davis Davenport.
Curses and Prophecies
- Merriwick-Davenport Curse - A two-hundred curse placed upon the Davenport and Merriwick families that keeps the members from being able to admit their love for one another. It began when Patience Merriwick absconded with William Spry, despite being betrothed to Roderick Davenport.
Notes and Trivia
- The Davenport's can be considered the opposite of the Merriwick family.
- The family believes in curses and magic but doesn't practice either.
- The Davenport crest is stamped into the back of a copy of the classic novel, "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens.
- The most recent generation has a tradition of naming family members with the initial D, as seen with Dotty, Davis, Donovan, and Daniel.
- "Priscilla was the wife of Daniel Davenport. That's Roderick's brother."
"She was also the traveller who cast the curse for Roderick." - Dotty and Donovan Davenport, 18:05: The Tableau