|Good Witch Halloween|
|Season 2, Episode 0|
|Aired||October 24, 2015|
|Written by||Sue Tenney & Amy Palmer Robertson|
|Directed by||Craig Pryce|
Second Time Around
With Halloween fast approaching, Cassie and the town of Middleton are hard at work preparing for the annual Harvest Festival. This year, Cassie is transforming Grey House into a delightful haunted house, and when a handsome stranger checks in, the family suddenly find themselves on edge. Stars Catherine Bell, Bailee Madison, Catherine Disher, and James Denton.
- Catherine Bell as Cassie Nightingale
- Bailee Madison as Grace Russell
- James Denton as Dr. Sam Radford
- Catherine Disher as Martha Tinsdale
- Rhys Matthew Bond as Nick Radford
- Peter MacNeill as George O'Hanrahan
- Dan Jeanotte as Brandon Russell
- Hannah Endicott-Douglas as Lori Russell
- Noah Cappe as Police Chief Derek Sanders
- Anthony Lemke as Ryan Elliott
- Kylee Evans as Stephanie Borden
- Sarah Power as Abigail Pershing
- Gabrielle Miller as Linda Wallace
- Ashley Leggat as Tara Russell
- Jefferson Brown as Ben
- Kate Corbett as Eve
- Jocelyn Hudon as Stacy
- * Celeste Desjardins as Brenda
- Jeff Pangman as Jospeh Weld and Jackson Weld
The debut of Hallmark Channel’s special 2-hour event, Good Witch Halloween, marked a magical night for the network with the premiere garnering a 2.5 HH rating and drawing 2.7 million total viewers to become the 3rd most-watched premiere of 2015-to-date. The premiere also became the highest-rated program of the day among households and the most-watched among households and total viewers in the Saturday, October 24th 9-11pm time period. Additionally, the programming event boosted Hallmark Channel to be the #1 HH rated cable network in prime time for the day. On social media, Good Witch Halloween was #1 in social impressions in prime time and made Nielsen’s Twitter TV Ratings Daily Top Five. The sneak peek precedes the Season 2 kick-off of Hallmark Channel’s original primetime series, Good Witch, which will debut in February 2016.
Source: Nielsen, October 19th-October 25th, 2015; Nielsen TV Twitter Ratings.
Notes and Trivia
- This is the first Halloween special event of the TV series.
- The episode sets-up Season 2 and concludes Season 1.
- According to Hallmark, this episode is the first two-hours of Season 2.
- They released a statement prior to its release saying, "In a Halloween treat for viewers, Hallmark Channel will premiere the first two hours of Season Two in a Special Sneak Peek Preview, airing October 2015."
- While the episode titles don't appear onscreen, the original two-hour broadcast is titled, "Good Witch Halloween." The episode was later divided into two one-hour formats and titled, "Something Wicked Part 1" and "Something Wicked Part 2".
- It was ranked #1 among household and total viewer rating and delivery.