Tale of Two Hearts
There are five competitive events. The towns each select one resident to represent them in the stages. Participants must win three out of the five events in order to win the festival competition. The winners are marked with a pumpkin on their respective headers.
- Pumpkin Tossing: A selected representative of each town throws a pumpkin of equal weight. Competitors can throw the pumpkin over their heads or underhand.
- Face Painting: Each representative has a pre-selected amount of time to paint a partner's face. The winner is judged by creativity, detail, and use of colors.
- Scarecrow Decorating: The scariest or best-decorated scarecrow wins.
- Pumpkin Carving: The best-carved pumpkin wins. Based on appearance, creativity, and skill.
- Pumpkin Pie Contest: The most prestigious and looked-forward-to event of the festival. Each town must bake a pumpkin pie and present it to the judge, who will determine the winner based on appearance, flavor, and creativity. Martha Tinsdale usually represents Middleton.
Notes and Trivia
- Sam Radford made a corn maze one year.
- A "Harvest Festival Queen" is appointed.
- Middleton has won the festival for over twenty years.
- The rivalry between the two towns has reached such a feat that it has gone viral, according to Martha. This is why the win in "Tale of Two Hearts" is so crucial.