|Season 6||Episodes 10|
|Premiere Date||May 3, 2020|
|Finale Date||July 5, 2020|
Empty-nesters Cassie and Sam welcome a Grey House guest with a keen interest in the Merriwicks. Town romances hit hurdles, the Merriwick women delve into family lore and the last piece of the Merriwick treasure is closer to being found and could break the Merriwick-Davenport curse.
- Rhys Matthew Bond as Nick Radford
- Catherine Disher as Mayor Martha Tinsdale
- Sarah Power as Abigail Pershing
- Peter MacNeill as George O'Hanrahan
- Kylee Evans as Stephanie Borden
- Marc Bendavid as Mayor Donovan Davenport
- Scott Cavalheiro as Adam Hawkins
- Katherine Barrell as Joy Harper
|Cassie Nightingale (Catherine Bell) receives an unexpected visit from her college roommate Autumn Deveraux (Lolita Davidovich). Autumn holds a grudge against Cassie over a past event. Cassie must rely on her magical instincts to help Autumn through her unresolved feelings before she sabotages Middleton’s Halloween celebrations.|
|Cassie and Sam celebrate their first wedding anniversary, and Sam struggles to think of the perfect gift for his bride. Martha enters a bidding war with her nemesis Dotty for the new mayor’s mansion, which once belonged to a Davenport. Stephanie and her business partner butt heads about their food truck. Abigail and Donovan receive “misfortunes” in their fortune cookies that lead to both an unexpected discovery and more information about their families’ curse. Meanwhile, Cassie hosts a guest at Grey House whose intentions for visiting Middleton may be different than she says.|
|Cassie judges a chili cook-off, which brings out the fierce competition in Middleton. When Sam finds himself without a crucial chili ingredient, he starts a chain of bartering that includes Martha, Stephanie, and Abigail. Martha receives unexpected competition in her once-uncontested run for re-election. Stephanie helps her friend’s daughter with her friendship woes. Abigail inadvertently reveals a secret about her father when she meets his new girlfriend, and his deception makes her worry about her relationship with Donovan. Meanwhile, Cassie unearths a time capsule that reveals information about her current Grey House guest’s family.|
|Cassie soon realizes her new Grey House guest has some lessons to learn. Sam discovers the benefits of a therapy dog when helping a patient. An unexpected visit from Stephanie’s ex-husband stirs up jealousy in Adam. Abigail helps Donovan write a speech and struggles to remember their song. George reunites with an old army friend and makes him an extraordinary and lifesaving offer. Meanwhile, a gift from Cassie brings new meaning to a serendipitous reunion between two of Sam’s patients.|
|Cassie plans a progressive dinner and contemplates her next adventure as an empty nester. New advice columnist Martha investigates the identity of an advice seeker. Abigial and Donovan worry that they are on different paths. Stephanie’s friendly relationship with her ex-husband causes trouble for her relationship with Adam. Joy butts heads with a carpenter, but when he quits it puts their shared project in jeopardy. Nick visits for the weekend, worried about sharing his academic struggles with Sam. When a health crisis arises at the dinner party, the fate of one Middleton resident becomes uncertain.|
|Cassie interviews for a temp position teaching art history at a local university. Sam helps calm Adam’s nerves when he becomes anxious about his impending surgery. Abigail and Donovan move closer to finding the key to breaking the Merriwick-Davenport Curse. Martha’s son and daughter-in-law visit but their stay hits a sour note. Joy encourages Carter to attend a fancy dinner with his girlfriend but the evening doesn’t go as expected.|
|Cassie teaches her art history students a lesson on perspective that transcends the classroom. Sam performs surgery on Adam, who worries about his recovery. Joy has an upsetting dream about Abigial and Donovan’s relationship but it may not be what it seems. Martha tries to win over a French delegation and secure Middleton’s status as its sister city.|
|As Cassie gets ready for Grey House’s 225th birthday, Martha leads the group in a tableau vivant to recreate one of Nathaniel Merriwick’s paintings. The exercise unexpectedly leads Abigail and Donovan to new clues as they continue their quest to find the key to breaking the Merriwick Davenport curse. Meanwhile, Sam appeals to Adam’s competitive side to encourage him to continue with post-op physical therapy. Joy experiences life differently when her intuition suddenly takes a holiday, while a social influencer staying at Grey House has technical difficulties forcing her to view life outside the confines of her phone’s camera lens.|
|During a chocolate festival at Grey House, Cassie hosts Kenny “the chocolate king,” whose big persona hides his insecurities about taking over the family business from his father. Sam butts head with the new hospital administrator when he goes around him to hire a new surgeon. A now-single Abigail gets a surprise proposal from an old college friend who makes an unexpected visit. Joy’s former business partner arrives at Grey House to formally dissolve their partnership. Inspired by an answer at a local trivia night, Sam and Donovan uncover a new clue surrounding the Merriwick-Davenport curse.|
|Cassie and Sam’s plans to steal away to Chicago for the weekend go awry when he has to stay behind for work. Instead, Cassie takes her book club friends so they can all recharge. Joy questions her decision to partner with Donna again as they work on Martha’s renovation. Abigail bristles at Donna’s style but there may be another reason she hasn’t taken to her. Abigail and Joy join Cassie at the memorial luncheon for her mentor Olympia and make a surprising discovery that could bring them closer to breaking the Merriwick-Davenport curse.|
|Cassie is sad that her temporary teaching assignment is winding down. Sam is forced to take unused vacation time, so he and Cassie try to find a hobby they both enjoy. Joy has a decision to make when Donna finds a new job for them in Vermont. Martha’s worried about her housewarming party when the final details of the renovation go awry. As Adam’s mission nears, he and Stephanie try to figure out what this means for their relationship. Abigail and Donovan reunite to make one last stand against the curse and fight for their future.|
Notes and Trivia
- Bailee Madison is no longer be part of the main cast.
- Due to Bailee's departure from the series, a new opening segment was introduced that did not feature any cast members. It only featured Grey House and the Good Witch logo.
- Season 6 aired on May 3, 2020.
- Initially when replying to a fan, Catherine Bell stated that Season 6 would air, "around April 2020".
- On September 13, 2019, the cast shot a photoshoot in LA for Season 6.
- The Season 6 finale began filming on December 4, 2019, and wrapped in mid-December.
- This season the crew built an entire kitchen for The Bistro Café.
- There is a mix of real and artificial flowers in Abigail's Flowers and Chocolates. After filming, the cast and crew get to bring the fresh flowers home.
- According to executive producer Jon Eskenas, there have been modifications and additions to each set every season. Because there are so many food props in the show between Cassie’s special recipes, Grey House, the bistro, and the many parties on the show, there is a cooking station in the studio just for prop foods. As various cast members have dietary needs or restrictions, the props department coordinates what types of food can fit the creative storyline for each episode, look great and be edible for the cast.
- The cast and crew participate in holiday food and toy drive, “competing” with other shows that film on the same studio lot.
- This is the first season to introduce a new member of the Merriwick family, Joy Harper. The last time a Merriwick member was introduced in the series, was in "The Good Witch's Family" when Abigail Pershing arrived in Middleton.
|Movies||The Good Witch • The Good Witch's Garden • The Good Witch's Gift • The Good Witch's Family • The Good Witch's Charm • The Good Witch's Destiny • The Good Witch's Wonder|
|Seasons||Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7|
|Specials||Good Witch Halloween • Secrets of Grey House • Spellbound • Tale of Two Hearts • Curse From a Rose|