|Season 7||Episodes 10|
|Premiere Date||May 16, 2021|
|Finale Date||July 25, 2021|
|Slogan||Their powers are magic. Their bonds unbreakble.|
|“||Their powers are magical. Their bonds unbreakable.||”|
— Season tagline
Season 7 of Good Witch was announced by Hallmark on July 15, 2020. The renewal came two weeks after the Season 6 finale. Due to COVID-19, filming and production was postponed several weeks, though filming eventually began around October, 2020. This is also the first season to not include a Halloween special that sets up the season. Season 7 premiered on May 16, 2021 and finished on July 25, 2021. It is the final season of Good Witch.
The velvet pouches of soil discovered by Cassie, Abigail, and Joy, at the end of last season mark the start of a new Merriwick mystery for the cousins to unravel that leads them reflecting on their pasts and how learning how certain life events have impacted who they are now. Alongside the usual Middleton fun viewers have come to love, new relationships, personal challenges and romance are in store, making season seven one fans will never forget.
- Catherine Bell as Cassandra "Cassie" Nightingale
- James Denton as Dr. Sam Radford
- Sarah Power as Abigail Pershing
- Catherine Disher as Martha Tinsdale
- Katherine Barrell as Joy Harper
- Scott Cavelheiro as Adam Hawkins
- Kylee Evans as Stephanie Borden
- Marc Bendavid as Donovan Davenport
|Cassie, Abigail and Joy try to figure out significance of the purple velvet pouches of soil mysteriously left for each of them, though they may not have to wait very long for the answer. Cassie and Sam seem to be two ships passing in the night so they set out on a boating date, only to have engine trouble and end up stranded on an island where Cassie makes a surprising discovery. Plans for Abigail and Donovan’s engagement party are in high gear thanks to Donovan’s overly eager mom Dotty, who is anxious for the couple to set a date. Meanwhile, Martha’s very pregnant daughter-in-law Claire is there for an extended stay and Stephanie and Adam navigate their friendship now that he’s returned from his mission.|
|Cassie, Abigail and Joy learn the origins of the enigmatic purple pouches of soil that were left for each of them but this revelation brings more questions than answers. Cassie’s foster brother Vincent goes in search of his birth mother and makes another connection instead. All of Middleton flashes back to the fabulous ’50s for a “Grease”-themed movie night in the park, with everyone decked out in poodle skirts, leather jackets and saddle shoes as they gather for a fun night under the stars that ends with an unexpected romantic gesture.|
|Cassie, Stephanie, and Abigail help Martha plan the perfect way to shower her pregnant daughter-in-law Claire, prompting the ladies to reminisce about Cassie’s celebration. Donovan’s brother Daniel stirs things up when he decides to stay in Middleton to be Donovan’s campaign manager. Abigail gets a surprise offer from a chain to purchase her flower shop, leaving her with a big decision to make. Adam and George spearhead an effort to save a historic church from demolition. Stephanie is excited to start French lessons but her first class isn’t exactly magnifique when she and her charming, younger instructor don’t see eye-to-eye.|
|After years of being dormant, the tradition of the Middleton Exchange is revived, with everyone contributing a personal item that has served its purpose and receiving something in exchange that is somehow just what they need. Sam’s scheduled to perform surgery on a superstar basketball player but is sidelined by his own on-court injury, until a talk with Cassie leads him to an epiphany him that sheds light on his patient’s condition. Meanwhile, Abigail and Donovan realize they may have different ideas about marriage and seek out counseling from Adam. Stephanie hosts a speed-dating night at The Bistro but Joy encourages her to fill the empty slot, resulting in a surprising outcome. Middleton sees double when Martha’s lookalike cousin Maxine, with whom she hasn’t spoken in years, pays a visit and an old family dispute gets put to rest in an unexpected way. As Joy and Zoey get to know each other, they begin to open up about past losses that help bring them closer together.|
|When Joy’s recurring dream progresses, Cassie and Abigail wonder if there’s a connection to the Merriwick trio and what they need protection from, so the cousins take a trip in search of a missing piece of Joy’s past. When Sam, Donovan and Adam pay a visit to the Leopard Lodge at George’s invitation, they’re in for a surprise. Stephanie agrees to a “casual” date with Sean, her French teacher, and soon discovers the two have different ideas of what that means. Meanwhile, Martha finds herself in the center of her own mystery when a series of unusual events has the Mayor of Middleton losing sleep until she discovers the astonishing truth about who is behind them.|
|Cassie, Abigail, and Joy pay a visit to Middleton’s wishing well but when the coin doesn’t fall as it should, the mishap has surprising results. Sam reunites with his high school bandmate, rock star Logan Mann, when he shows up in town. George and Adam organize a fundraiser to save the church and when Logan agrees to perform, he convinces Sam to put his guitar skills to work and join him on stage. Cassie discovers an old CB radio and makes an unexpected connection. Donovan seeks an endorsement for governor from a power player but Abigail doesn’t agree with his approach. Joy and Zoey go on their first date, while Stephanie seems to have several suitors.|
|Cassie accompanies Sam on a trip to his childhood home to care for his sister Joanne, whose illness is progressing, and rediscovers some long lost magic. Abigail is thrown when she discovers Flower Universe has a competing booth set up at the Middleton Bridal Expo but that’s not the only surprise in store for her. Joy sends Zoey flowers after their first date and anxiously waits for her reply. Stephanie is determined to complete a list of adventures she wrote as a teenager. Adam considers returning to his position as chaplain at the hospital. Cassie, Joy and Abigail delve into the images on Joy’s vision board and try to decipher what they mean for the Merriwicks.|
|Sam is ready to return to work following his shoulder surgery but he and Cassie don’t see eye-to-eye on the matter. Martha organizes a surprise to celebrate her and Tom’s wedding anniversary and all their friends pair up to get in on the fun. Flower Universe tries to undercut Abigail’s business, but she won’t go down without a fight. Meanwhile, Joy wrestles with her anxieties about Zoey’s job as a firefighter. Adam helps Stephanie fight for a coveted spot at the L’Academie des Friandises in Paris.|
|The pressure is on when strange things start happening to Cassie, Abigail, and Joy’s abilities. Cassie deals with a part of her past. One couple sets a wedding date while another makes an unexpected announcement. When Sam enlists everyone to help search for the missing amulet at Grey House, surprising truths and secrets are revealed.|
|In the series finale, the Merriwick cousins get ready to face the mysterious force putting their family legacy at risk while changes are in store for others.|
Notes and Trivia
- Kat Barrell reprises her role as Joy Harper for Season 7.
- There is not Halloween special this season, making it the only season to not feature a special that sets up the coming season. The exception from this is the first season which began after the events of the original seven films.
- Production for the season began in September 2020 in Canada.
- Filming for the season began in October 2020 in Canada. The cast and crew had to quarantine for two-weeks before filming began and received mandated COVID-19 tests.
- Jonathan Wright directed the season premiere episode.
- This season includes flashbacks to when Cassie was pregnant with Grace, as revealed in multiple behind the scenes photos.
- Catherine Bell initially claimed the season would air sometime in April 2021.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the way in which relationships are portrayed on-screen had to shift. Cassie and Sam don't share any kissing scenes this season.
- Catherine Bell described the season as, "The Merriwicks, we’re on an adventure, kind of a mystery, to try and find out about our past.". She also labeled the season as "intense" and "emotional".
- Luke Bilyk guest stars in the season as a love interest for Stephanie Borden named "Sean". He previously acted opposite Catherine Bell as her son in the Hallmark film, Meet Me At Christmas.
- On February 4, 2021, a cast photoshoot to promote the season took place. According to Catherine Bell, this is the first season in which the entire cast is featured in the photo. Confirmed starring cast members included Sarah Power, Catherine Bell, Katherine Barrell, and James Denton.
- Among individual images is a Merriwick cousin portrait of at least three different setups, and a minimum of one photoshoot featuring Cassie and Sam.
- Filming for the season ended on February 26, 2021.
- On March 30, 2021, Maria Fischer finished the final touches on the Good Witch Season 7 theme score.
- The first teaser trailer for the season was released on April 17, 2021.
- Season 7 is the first not to feature James Denton (Sam Radford) on the season poster. Alternatively, is the first to feature three women - Catherine Bell (Cassie Nightingale), Sarah Power (Abigail Pershing), and Katherine Barrell (Joy Harper).
- This season confirmed that Joy Harper LGBTQ+. This makes her the first LGBTQ+ character in the Good Witch franchise. She is also the first LGBTQ+ character to be featured on a Hallmark Channel television series, making it a historical moment for the previously conservative network. Her relationship with Zoey Taylor is also the first same-sex relationship featured on the series.
- As part of Hallmark Channel's affiliation with Amazon, a "Good Witch Gift Guide" was introduced. It listed "16 Must Have Items for Fans who Love Good Witch. Channel your inner Merriwick with these bewitching products curated by the editorial team at Hallmark Channel!"
- Some included items were a jewelry box, a family photograph frame, candles, satin scarf, flower-shaped soaps, a teapot, a journal, and more. A link to the gift guide can be found here.
- A "shop the show" section was also introduced to Hallmark's website as part of their affiliation with TheTake. It feature every article of clothing worn by every main character in the series, and allows viewers to purchase the clothing for themselves. A link to the "shop the show" guide can be found here.
- A Which Merriwick Are You quiz became available to take on June 7th, 2021, only on the Hallmark Channel website. Take the quiz and share your results!
- A conversation occurs in the season of how the Merriwick's use their powers and the lines that come with it. Katherine Barrell teased it by saying, "can you manipulate people with them? What's the moral compass around having these abilities?".
- The cast and crew were not permitted to bring food or drink into the home used for Martha Tinsdale, including water, so Katherine Barrell and Kyana Teresa had someone sneak food into the home for them to eat as a snack between scenes.
- The idea for the Joy and Zoey relationship came before the conceptualization of Season 7. Hallmark approached the idea of Joy being queer at some point in Season 6, but it didn't come to fruition until Season 7. Kat Barrell had some things that she was adamant about as she wanted to do it well, right, and be on the same page on how they were telling the story. The producers, development executives, and Catherine Bell were all involved in the decision. Kat noted that everyone was on the same page from the beginning, including the storylines, and how they wanted to bring the characters together.
- The Merriwick family ancestors and where the family originated from is explored.
Behind the Scenes
|Movies||The Good Witch • The Good Witch's Garden • The Good Witch's Gift • The Good Witch's Family • The Good Witch's Charm • The Good Witch's Destiny • The Good Witch's Wonder|
|Seasons||Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7|
|Specials||Good Witch Halloween • Secrets of Grey House • Spellbound • Tale of Two Hearts • Curse From a Rose|
- Per Hallmark Channel press kit.
- Instagram live via Bubblysesh featuring Kat Barrell and Kyana Teresa
- Catherine Bell Facebook Live