The Good Witch's Family is a 2011 American television film that aired on the Hallmark Channel on October 29, 2011, and is the fourth installment in the series of Good Witch television movies.
Life is going well for Cassie as she settles into marriage with Middleton Police Chief Jake Russell and as stepmom to Brandon and Lori. But evil soon blows into town in the form of Cassie's long-lost cousin Abigail, who whips up wickedness like a tornado. The once peaceful Russell family bickers night and day; Jake is fired after an argument with the Mayor over a bridge expansion; and Martha, the Mayor's wife, and town busybody walks out on her long marriage. As the town divides further over neighborhood expansion, Cassie is drafted to run for Mayor. Within her once-happy marriage, her family is unraveling, and Abigail's diabolical "double, double, toil and trouble" is the apex of Cassie's misery. What's a good witch to do?
- Catherine Bell as Cassandra Nightingale
- Chris Potter as Chief of Police Jake Russell
- Matthew Knight as Brandon Russell
- Hannah Endicott-Douglas as Lori Russell
- Peter MacNeill as George O'Hanrahan
- Catherine Disher as Martha Tinsdale
- Paul Miller as Mayor Tom Tinsdale
- Noah Cappe as Deputy Derek Sanders
- Sarah Power as Abigail Pershing
Notes and Trivia
- The movie was almost titled, "Good Witch, Bad Witch".
- This movie marks the only appearance of voodoo dolls in the franchise.
- Abigail is using her mother's maiden name of Merriwick in this movie; she will later return to her father's surname of Pershing.
- This movie occurs in 2011. It is before the "fall" as Cassie mentions that Brandon will be going to college then.
- two continuity errors presents themselves when Cassie tells Abigail why she didn't come for her after Abigail's mother died.
- She previously Jake in The Good Witch that her parents died when she was almost seven before Abigail was born. However, in The Good Witch's Family Jake claims Abigail's mother died when Abigail was fourteen.
- This presents an error in Cassie's age, which can be easily dismissed due to continuity errors within Hallmark series often being overlooked.
- "But that was three years ago!" - Martha, to Cassie, on when Cassie arrived in Middleton. The Good Witch's Family.