The Good Witch's Garden is a 2009 American television film that aired on the Hallmark Channel on February 7, 2009 and is the second installment in the series of The Good Witch television movies.
Cassie has settled into Middleton and is busy making a home of Grey House. Her boyfriend, Sheriff Jake Russell, and his kids are happy to have Cassie in the neighborhood, but she has yet to gain the trust of some people in town. Before long, a stranger rolls into town with papers entitling him to legal ownership of Grey House. Before she knows it, Cassie is left without a home and is convinced Middleton isn't where she belongs. Ultimately, everyone will learn holding on too tightly to something can make it more likely that things will slip through your fingers.
- Catherine Bell as Cassandra Nightingale
- Chris Potter as Chief of Police Jake Russell
- Matthew Knight as Brandon Russell
- Hannah Endicott-Douglas as Lori Russell
- Peter MacNeill as George O'Hanrahan
- Catherine Disher as Martha Tinsdale
- Paul Miller as Mayor Tom Tinsdale
- Noah Cappe as Deputy Derek Sanders
- Rob Stewart as Nick Chasen
Notes and Trivia
- Martha is invited into Cassie's shop. She says it will be a "cold day in July" when she does step into the shop, implying that it is currently July, and the year is implied to be 2009, setting this movie approximately a year after the previous. However, Martha mentions that Cassie still has some rare flowers growing in her garden "after the first frost", implying it is the Autumn. Cassie herself says that maybe Mother Nature is yawning "in preparation for a long winter's nap."
- This is ostensibly Middleton, MA. The real Middleton celebrated its bicentennial in 1928. Middleton was formed from parts of Andover, Boxford, Salem, and Topsfield. It has long been supposed that its central location between these towns suggested the name that was adopted at the time of its incorporation.
- When Martha is "attacked" by one of the vines of Cassie's flowers, Cassie is seen to be watching and is implied to have ordered the plant to "attack", which she is later implied to do with Nick once his scam has been revealed. These are the first and, so far, only times Cassie is seen indulging a darker side, like her cousin Abigail later would.